The final audit has been released, including the two items that had previously been withheld. Item 1 found that the three board members requested as individuals, not as the board, that law firm RFR investigate Sisney. A request like this … Continue reading
Indictments unsealed on Thursday, August 30, 2012 charge former Broken Arrow superintendent Jim Sisney with bribery and conspiracy. According to the charges, Windstream provided Sisney and his attorney brother, Thurman Lee Sisney of Kentucky, with an all-expense paid trip to … Continue reading
This gallery contains 32 photos.
(latest update: June 3, 2013, 10:40 pm) Air Assurance (owners: Rampey, Mike and Narissa) Served BA Schools as the primary HVAC vendor for 15 years Donated to the school system generously Were falsely accused by Sisney in April 2008 of overcharging, double-billing, billing … Continue reading
This gallery contains 5 photos.
What does it take for an investigative auditor to get fired from the Office of the State Auditor and Inspector in Oklahoma? Apparently, not knowing how to, or choosing not to, properly and impartially conduct an audit and admitting under oath to being unfamiliar with OSAI … Continue reading
The media apparently hasn’t had time to read it, based on the content of their news articles, so far, that accompany the link to the audit report. Some highlights:
1) Air Assurance is not guilty of any misconduct–none whatsoever.
2) The district’s non-compliance with bidding in some instances was due to a lack of understanding of the statutes applying to bidding requirements, but did NOT involve intentional or criminal misconduct.
3) There was no conflict of interest between any of the BAPS board members and Air Assurance.
4) None of Air Assurance’s files kept in a storage unit at a rental facility were damaged back in February 2009 when a fire in two other units, some distance away from the one it rented, caught fire. The BA Fire Department did not think there was any relation between the fire and Air Assurance or the controversy surrounding the BAPS, despite the efforts of some people to draw a connection and suggest malfeasance on the part of Air Assurance.
5) There were no violations of the open meetings act by school board members.
6) NEW INFORMATION: Former, fired superintendent Jim Sisney awarded thousands of dollars in payroll stipends selectively to a handful of top school district administrators, WITHOUT board approval, based on his “judgment.” [see Objective 16 on page 69 of the audit report]
The Broken Arrow School District held a press conference about the audit report findings. Be sure to check your local news stations and publications tonight and tomorrow. As always, for more information, analysis, and court documents on the audit, Jim Sisney, and the BAPS controversy, please check out Broken Arrow Forum
Note: This article was written by ROBIN READER (612) and was originally published on her website Broken Arrow Forum on August 27, 2010, and reappears here on this blog with her permission. __________ Remember when this was about Broken Arrow … Continue reading